Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTENTION!!!! Please bear with us while we make some updates to the Forum and Website, Thanks.......

2 posters

New to the forum

TofuTen
    TofuTen

New to the forum Empty New to the forum

Post  TofuTen Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Hello everyone, I came across the RPM site because I was looking for an old friend. Highly doubt he remembers who I am since I used to live in Savannah 10 years ago. Now in Jacksonville with some old Army buddies. I been a car nut for as long as I could walk and have competed regularly in the SCCA from 2003-2010. Haven't been able to compete for a while due to life and constantly working on the cars setup. As you know its a relentless evolution.

I'm also a certified automotive tech, rather a retired on as I dont turn the wrenches for shops anymore. I ran my own business for years. Currently its on hold since I moved down here. I can pretty much build anything and weld virtually anything as well. As long as it doesn't exceed the limits of my Miller Syncrowave 200 I can do it.

I am a Honda guy and probably will be till the end. However I have been bouncing the notion of getting a Subaru Sti since I need a grocery getter. I also have a Honda Ruckus which I love to ride and modify regularly.

I have owned:

1998 Civic LX (long gone)
    2000 Civic Si (still have)
    2007 Civic EX (grocery getter, SOLD)
    1978 Civic 1200 (sold)
    2009 Ruckus (micro grocery getter/toy)

So any of you folks down here in Jacksonville?

I miss this car, 94,xxx original miles, ran great. bought for $150.
    New to the forum IMG_3092

The Ruck!
    New to the forum IMG_20111018_132933

The Si at a show in 2010.
    New to the forum IMG_4650
    Kurai
    Kurai

New to the forum Empty Re: New to the forum

Post  Kurai Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:08 pm

TofuTen wrote:Hello everyone, I came across the RPM site because I was looking for an old friend. Highly doubt he remembers who I am since I used to live in Savannah 10 years ago. Now in Jacksonville with some old Army buddies. I been a car nut for as long as I could walk and have competed regularly in the SCCA from 2003-2010. Haven't been able to compete for a while due to life and constantly working on the cars setup. As you know its a relentless evolution.

I'm also a certified automotive tech, rather a retired on as I dont turn the wrenches for shops anymore. I ran my own business for years. Currently its on hold since I moved down here. I can pretty much build anything and weld virtually anything as well. As long as it doesn't exceed the limits of my Miller Syncrowave 200 I can do it.

I am a Honda guy and probably will be till the end. However I have been bouncing the notion of getting a Subaru Sti since I need a grocery getter. I also have a Honda Ruckus which I love to ride and modify regularly.

I have owned:

1998 Civic LX (long gone)
    2000 Civic Si (still have)
    2007 Civic EX (grocery getter, SOLD)
    1978 Civic 1200 (sold)
    2009 Ruckus (micro grocery getter/toy)

So any of you folks down here in Jacksonville?

I miss this car, 94,xxx original miles, ran great. bought for $150.
    New to the forum IMG_3092

The Ruck!
    New to the forum IMG_20111018_132933

The Si at a show in 2010.
    New to the forum IMG_4650

Welcome to the forum not a ton of activity here since most of us talk on the Raceline facebook group but like the cars lol esp the first one.
    Most of us are in the Savannah area with some associates in j-ville.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:17 am