Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTENTION!!!! Please bear with us while we make some updates to the Forum and Website, Thanks.......

4 posters

Training grounds...

Kurai
    Kurai

Training grounds... Empty Training grounds...

Post  Kurai Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:42 am

So as some of you know once I get the Corolla back im going to definately need to learn how to drive her all over again pretty much.....so that being said does anyone know of a nice place we can use as a training ground perse?

It would be nice to have a place where we could practice launches etc etc...I am more kinda looking for a nice curvy road to practice/learn the ins and outs of the new 6 spd with all the added power and feel out my suspension etc etc etc.

Anyone know a place that would fit the bill?
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Training grounds... Empty Re: Training grounds...

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:07 am

For launches I found out a long time ago that shopping centers have no traffic laws. After hours when nobody is around I practiced my launches at Savannah Mall near Taco Bell. The only ticket I know of that can get you is public endangerment but if nobody is around you can argue that.
    Another good place with straight roads and minimal patrol believe it or not is the airport.
    For learning curves at lower speeds nothing is better than a few solo2 races with the SCCA. You have the benefits there of time clocks, people watching and medics should the need arise.
    All the good twisties around here that were my stomping grounds when I was in my 20's now have horrible pavement and stuffed with traffic. When I was 20 you could run from Savannah to Ellabell on 204 wide open and you might get 4 cars to pass. LaRoache Ave from Jasmine to Isle of Hope used to be the place to race if you had a good corner car and a lot of nerve. Chevis Rd starting at the left 90 was fun till people started getting killed.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Have to keep that in mind about the parking lots i use to know of a couple of good ones here and there....
    What I really wanna get to practice is my shifting with the new transmission and the added power..esp downshifting. Cool Havent done too much performance driving in manuals in circuit conditions. Always was just drag races upshifting. So I wanna hit a few places where I can get to know the gearing and speed.
    moneybaggz
    moneybaggz

Post  moneybaggz Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:48 pm

yea thats some stuff i need to get the hang of again with the mods i put in
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:24 pm

yeah throttle control is gonna be paramount now...esp with the battle against understeer....it will be fun though Cool

We just need a playground lol
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

Training grounds... Empty No diggity.

Post  Nemesis Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:07 am

I know what you mean man I'm gonna have to fight OVERsteer with the rear I'm pushing its gonna swing out on me. You know that guy in the gym with the 90 inch biceps and the 4 inch thighs? That's gonna be my car.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:16 am

Nemesis wrote:I know what you mean man I'm gonna have to fight OVERsteer with the rear I'm pushing its gonna swing out on me. You know that guy in the gym with the 90 inch biceps and the 4 inch thighs? That's gonna be my car.

I hear you there bro lol def. You will have to give me some tips for my 73 Z. She will be the same way once I drop that 2JZ-GTE into it....very squirrelly lol Shocked
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

Training grounds... Empty oooooo

Post  Nemesis Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:20 am

Kurai wrote:
    Nemesis wrote:I know what you mean man I'm gonna have to fight OVERsteer with the rear I'm pushing its gonna swing out on me. You know that guy in the gym with the 90 inch biceps and the 4 inch thighs? That's gonna be my car.

I hear you there bro lol def. You will have to give me some tips for my 73 Z. She will be the same way once I drop that 2JZ-GTE into it....very squirrelly lol Shocked

OMFG for seriously 2JZ engine? I hate japs but that engine is hoootttttt and if I know a jap engine....it means business. I can def give you pointers but your setup on the rear is really important. Main thing being what kind of diff does it have and width of tires. This is all stuff we can discuss when ur on R&R if I'm not mistaken you come down soon no?
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:31 am

Yeah ill be down in August Cool I'll be running Nissan 300zx TT rear diff. code R230 it has 3.69 gearing if im not mistaken. Wont drop it in till 2012 tho gonna use this year to get the chassis reinforced body restored and upgraded suspension new paint etc etc etc...then all power 2012 Twisted Evil
    moneybaggz
    moneybaggz

Post  moneybaggz Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Nemesis wrote:
    Kurai wrote:

OMFG for seriously 2JZ engine? I hate japs but that engine is hoootttttt and if I know a jap engine....it means business. I can def give you pointers but your setup on the rear is really important. Main thing being what kind of diff does it have and width of tires. This is all stuff we can discuss when ur on R&R if I'm not mistaken you come down soon no?

hey hey easy on the jap comments, my soon to be wife and member of rpm (krush) is japanise, by th way shes pretty crazy but dont tell her i told u lol
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:58 pm

I'll be glad to give you all new reasons to hate a jap.... Twisted Evil
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

Training grounds... Empty Whoa nelly.

Post  Nemesis Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Hey I meant jap cars not people guys lol. I am patriotic about my vehicular engineering, not to be confused with a racist. And I'm not saying my car is better than tuners but hey, I'm muscle and it's just too fun to rib each other Smile
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:21 pm

I was talking about cars, not people.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

Training grounds... Empty MT

Post  Nemesis Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:53 pm

Sry starlet I wasn't speaking to you I was speaking to baggz I think you misunderstood.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:05 am

lol oh man I think Amanda is gonna be coming full force to defend her nissan now lol. I just wish American cars hadnt gone to crap...well guess they are getting lil better now tho too little too late and half the parts are from overseas neways but you know what i mean....but I love Toyota its American as Nascar lmao tongue and my Corolla was actually made in KY Wink
    moneybaggz
    moneybaggz

Post  moneybaggz Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:28 am

gotta say im kinda in the middle right now. i love imports but i drive a domestic, and yea shes gonna come out swinging about her car lol.
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:53 pm

I used to be MoPar or NO car but after the imports started using technology and simple engineering to take almost every record domestics have ever set I switched to Toyota. Of the imports I understand Toyota best and see the best of domestic engineering used in their designs. I have said for years that I would love to apply import tuning to a domestic application such as a MoPar 400 big block. The bore/stroke of that engine would be awesome with an overhead cam setup using bucket lifters and 4 valves per cylinder running a ton of boost.
    Until that day comes I'll be taking advantage of the other end of the power to weight scale with a maxxed out 2.0 block with full forged internals and a half-ton of boost in a very light full framed and caged car (under 1800lbs).
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Yeah im with you on that Star if the domestic scene was pulling out the same efficency as a import id be all over it. I love Toyota tho. Ima love building this Z if I do any other project in the future I'd like to build a big block somewhere like in the 540ci area old dodge 8.9 or something lol Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:20 am