Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTENTION!!!! Please bear with us while we make some updates to the Forum and Website, Thanks.......

+3
ILLEST
Camry2nr
Nemesis
7 posters

New to forums, friends with some members

Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

New to forums, friends with some members - Page 2 Empty Re: New to forums, friends with some members

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Giving advice yes. If you'll notice I bitch about money issues non stop. I don't make a lot of money and have a ton of priorities so I have to be very frugal. I drive a Toyota and I act like it. By saying that I mean I don't drive a car that requires a major pile of cash to be fast. It's hard to read a person on the internet. What I said wasn't meant to be rude but actually helpful. I mentioned the ratios because your car doesn't turn over 8000rpm so use the torque it makes on the low end.
    I'm going through the same conversation with my step son currently as he's looking at a V6 for his AE86. The V6 makes a ton of torque in comparison to the 4cylinder but doesn't turn the high rpms. Where I'm running a 4.3 in my daily driver I'm telling him to use a 3.8 or less. I can see him pulling a front tire off the ground quite easy. By the way the V6 is an aluminum block and only weighs 100 lbs more than the 4cylinder while making almost 3 times the torque. Isn't it funny to talk about torque in a Toyota?

That clearer to ya?
    Kurai
    Kurai

New to forums, friends with some members - Page 2 Empty Re: New to forums, friends with some members

Post  Kurai Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Starlet 3SGTE wrote:Giving advice yes. If you'll notice I bitch about money issues non stop. I don't make a lot of money and have a ton of priorities so I have to be very frugal. I drive a Toyota and I act like it. By saying that I mean I don't drive a car that requires a major pile of cash to be fast. It's hard to read a person on the internet. What I said wasn't meant to be rude but actually helpful. I mentioned the ratios because your car doesn't turn over 8000rpm so use the torque it makes on the low end.
    I'm going through the same conversation with my step son currently as he's looking at a V6 for his AE86. The V6 makes a ton of torque in comparison to the 4cylinder but doesn't turn the high rpms. Where I'm running a 4.3 in my daily driver I'm telling him to use a 3.8 or less. I can see him pulling a front tire off the ground quite easy. By the way the V6 is an aluminum block and only weighs 100 lbs more than the 4cylinder while making almost 3 times the torque. Isn't it funny to talk about torque in a Toyota?

That clearer to ya?

Damn thats gonna be a sweet AE86 pirat gonna have to drag him out with you man lol tongue

Post  Guest Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Nemesis wrote:
    Starlet 3SGTE wrote:Learn how to do things on less money. Shop ebay but know what is junk and what is good stuff. I can find a good LSD for a chevy and a gear for less than 300 where a used lsd for my Paseo is over 600 just for the diff. A new one for the Paseo is over $1400 so I did ok. I almost had a whole transmission with the same lsd for under $500 though. Shop around wisely. Talk to Gene Hughes also. He may have a gear he has removed from another car he could sell you cheap, maybe with a good lsd.

You drive a chevy, act like it.

Ya thats pretty f***ing rude. I'm so sorry im still learning about cars and want new parts. How about I do what I want to and you turn the abrasiveness down.

You don't own my car, act like it.

wow no need to be hostile boys. its just common advice that we all have to learn believe me if it wasnt for rogers and mike teaching me about ebay and google i probably would of been in alot of trouble. its good advice though and its the best way because i am only able to buy things when i am able to save up and well if it wasnt for those sites i wouldnt have as much done as i do as far as the lights and tail lights and headlights. i learned the hard way with my cold air intake by just giong to the first shop and taking that offer not knowing i could of done it alot cheaper and faster way. as they tell me and i am telling you do what you can dont try and put yourself in debt to get everything done at once just alittle at a time and believe me the finish product will mean that much more to you.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:20 pm

mrs thickness wrote:
    Nemesis wrote:
    Starlet 3SGTE wrote:Learn how to do things on less money. Shop ebay but know what is junk and what is good stuff. I can find a good LSD for a chevy and a gear for less than 300 where a used lsd for my Paseo is over 600 just for the diff. A new one for the Paseo is over $1400 so I did ok. I almost had a whole transmission with the same lsd for under $500 though. Shop around wisely. Talk to Gene Hughes also. He may have a gear he has removed from another car he could sell you cheap, maybe with a good lsd.

Ya thats pretty f***ing rude. I'm so sorry im still learning about cars and want new parts. How about I do what I want to and you turn the abrasiveness down.

wow no need to be hostile boys. its just common advice that we all have to learn believe me if it wasnt for rogers and mike teaching me about ebay and google i probably would of been in alot of trouble. its good advice though and its the best way because i am only able to buy things when i am able to save up and well if it wasnt for those sites i wouldnt have as much done as i do as far as the lights and tail lights and headlights. i learned the hard way with my cold air intake by just giong to the first shop and taking that offer not knowing i could of done it alot cheaper and faster way. as they tell me and i am telling you do what you can dont try and put yourself in debt to get everything done at once just alittle at a time and believe me the finish product will mean that much more to you.

You get'em momma lol tongue

Post  Guest Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Kurai wrote:
    mrs thickness wrote:
    Nemesis wrote:

You get'em momma lol tongue

ha ha you know me. i just dont see why sometimes people dont like advice that will help in the long run and then once the past is past they kick their self in the ass for it because they should of listened. humm? makes you wonder. Question
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:08 pm

eh you know we all have to walk our own paths and live our own lives cant just not go one way becuz another didnt like it you know Smile

Thats what makes life fun

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:43 pm