Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTENTION!!!! Please bear with us while we make some updates to the Forum and Website, Thanks.......

3 posters

Tough Gears...

Ruble03

Tough Gears... Empty Tough Gears...

Post  Ruble03 Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Last weekend, I decided to put my s2k on the track and see how she would do with the new tune. I found out the hard way that the stock tranny wouldnt hold 500 hp and I shattered 2nd gear. I really dont want to go with a dog box, I have heard horror stories.. I have been looking into Richmond gears but they dont list any products for Hondas? I have emailed bullshead twice and havn't gotten any response. Any ideas? Suggestions? Keep in mind she is still partially a daily driver...
    Kurai
    Kurai

Tough Gears... Empty Re: Tough Gears...

Post  Kurai Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:00 pm

Im not a big Honda head, but I know that in the Toyota world Kaaz makes a few gear sets but they are more circuit oriented and are very short, so unless you like shifting alot then they arent that good for a DD but they are the only ones out there and are stronger.
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:04 pm

I'm not a Honda guy but mods are mods. I'd look up JDM versions and see if a supercharged or turbo version on your engine was built, if so find out what transmission it used. Also look into trucks. The bell from a V6 might swap with your bell to bolt in a heavier trans. If none of that works out we'll mod a Toyota transmission in there. Smile
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Is it a 5 or 6 speed? I know the 6 speed Supra tranny is damn expensive and hard to find the Getreg or whatever its called for a 5 the R154 is a pretty strong tranny from what im told by guys in the Supra community.
    Ruble03

Post  Ruble03 Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:59 pm

No luck... Unfortunately the s2k which is a 6spd never came in anything other than n/a and only a 4cyl. The v6 accord tranny is only auto and it spins counterclockwise where the s2k spins clockwise. There I no swap for it right now. I was looking into a 2jz swap? But I'm lookin at over a 12 grand conversion. Looks like I wait for bullshead to email me back, or buy a newer trann and get it all cryo and heat treated..
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:18 pm

Ruble03 wrote:No luck... Unfortunately the s2k which is a 6spd never came in anything other than n/a and only a 4cyl. The v6 accord tranny is only auto and it spins counterclockwise where the s2k spins clockwise. There I no swap for it right now. I was looking into a 2jz swap? But I'm lookin at over a 12 grand conversion. Looks like I wait for bullshead to email me back, or buy a newer trann and get it all cryo and heat treated..

12k!!! I dont see it costing that much I have been researching this since im doing it for the Z and a complete 2JZ will cost between 2000-2700 (with shipping) and used R154 around 1000-1500, Clutch/flywheel combo (you need a 1j/2z flywheel, and a 7M-GTE clutch) maybe 1000 for both with bolts. Standalone will range from 400-2000. Fabing a crossmember will be hard but not that hard worst case get the S30 Crossmember or there is a way to fab up a set lol....let me know if you need more details.
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:04 am

Ruble03

Post  Ruble03 Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:24 am

The 2jz's that I ave been looking at were closer to te 4,000 range, but that included turbo, and then the tranny was 3000+.... then I will need mounts, ecu, and a adapter for the driveshaft plus exaust. Install an crossmember, I'm looking at close to 12000.... I know the accord is fwd, but I was trying to find ANY Honda transmission tat would even bolt on and there isn't any... A sr20 swap is about 9grand, ls1 is going to be about as much as the 2jz swap.. It might just be easier an cheaper with the rebuild. Then again, who in the tuner world ever wants to go with cheap and easy?? Smile
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:27 pm

12k no way let me do some quick footwork lol since i have already on alot of this minus the actual mounting in a S2K....

2JZ entire front clip....
    http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-2jzgtearistofrontclip.php
    (they have a 1jz with tranny for 3000+, but in general the R154 runs like 1100)

For the ECU you will need to run a standalone whic range from 400+ for the mega squirt - 2000 for the AEM standalone.

The crossmember you can run one of two options (granted this is for the S30 240z but same can apply with a little modification check these threads and pics out...

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/60894-1jz-2jz-installation-instructions-for-dummies2-weeks-drive-it/ (use the link he includes to see the pics that tell the real story)

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/61936-my-1jz-260z/ (this is a 1jz but only referencing the crossmember)

1jz/2jz Crossmember......
    http://betamotorsports.com/products/products.php?cat=7

This could be modified to fit the S2K if needed and prob will be needed but that is just some measuring and cutting/welding work.

You get the general idea lol pirat nope some of that info helps, I have seen one 2J S2K and I bet that thing is a sexy beast lol
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Sat May 01, 2010 11:38 pm

Any updates?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:19 am