Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTENTION!!!! Please bear with us while we make some updates to the Forum and Website, Thanks.......

3 posters

Painting a Vehicle

Kurai
    Kurai

Painting a Vehicle Empty Painting a Vehicle

Post  Kurai Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:22 pm

Hey all so I think ima save on some funds and go ahead and paint my Z myself...will save me roughly 3000 dollars lol. I got someone here who has painted many vehicles and will do it for me with me assisting him. Since I wanna learn how to do it as well as get my hands dirty some since this is a project i have always wanted to do.

So with that what all equipment should i buy far as guns etc etc...? He has his own equipment but i wanna buy my own so i can do my own work later on down the road...might even invest in a small powdercoating oven as well.
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Painting a Vehicle Empty Re: Painting a Vehicle

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:58 pm

I'm about to get an eastwood setup and an electric oven for small parts. I have access to various blasting cabinets too.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:48 pm

What is a good not to insanely expensive gun set to get for doing automotive jobs? I know next to squat about gravity paint guns but from what i have seen so far i guess Iwata makes some of the best products but those little things arent cheap at all lol.
    Shocked
    reborn
    reborn

Post  reborn Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:34 pm

not so much a name but what you want to look at is the number of holes in the tip of it to put it simple more holes more air better speading of paint and better mist. another thing to keep in mind is this you can use a roller brush just need to sand alot to get it smooth

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Poor-Mans-Paint-Job-or...-How-to-paint-your-c/

check it out
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:05 am

lol well dont think ima be rolling anything on anytime soon....worst case I just use SSG Scruggs gun but i just rather have my own for any future projects tongue
    reborn
    reborn

Post  reborn Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:53 pm

did you see some of the cars that people are doing it to or are you just saying no....lol it is alot more sanding after the paint goes on but dam looks real good when done. not that i am recamending it by any means but have to give props where they are do and some of the cars look dam good.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:54 am

reborn wrote:did you see some of the cars that people are doing it to or are you just saying no....lol it is alot more sanding after the paint goes on but dam looks real good when done. not that i am recamending it by any means but have to give props where they are do and some of the cars look dam good.

lol just like houses and garages look lol matching paint on house car and garage lol tongue

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:10 pm