Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTENTION!!!! Please bear with us while we make some updates to the Forum and Website, Thanks.......

+2
Nemesis
xI Jus10 Ix
6 posters

General Conversation

xI Jus10 Ix

General Conversation Empty General Conversation

Post  xI Jus10 Ix Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:49 pm

Was just seein what was up with everyone.
    havent seeen anything new on here so just seein if everyone was straight.

oh side note can i get a "hell yeah" on "takin over someone elses scene"?? cheers
    lol jk
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

General Conversation Empty Lol

Post  Nemesis Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:26 am

Don't stir the pot there is a lot of shit going on with that statement being misinterpreted.
    Kurai
    Kurai

General Conversation Empty Re: General Conversation

Post  Kurai Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Hell yeah lol j/k but yeah ppl are getting way to touchy in SAV idk what has everyone in such a uproar these days I mean really im sure everyone that is bickering would get along fine if they actually gave it a shot, but instead they talk crap before they even know the person then are kinda stuck when the chance arrives or their words greet that other person first.

but in other news im good just been enjoying some time with the family and fixing things lol like today i have spent a couple hundred bucks getting a new rack and power steering pump for my Lincoln.

The Corolla just left its base tuning wed. Successfully finally lol, she is sitting on the dyno-paks getting a break in done and some slight adjustments to the EMU to trick some things up.

Then clean up my garage lol (oh btw anyone need a innovate
    lm-1?, got one laying around the garage lol)
    Then gotta get my Datsun 240Z running she doesnt wanna start but is right there right at the brink lol. Crying or Very sad

What you guys working on?
    Camry2nr
    Camry2nr

Post  Camry2nr Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:06 pm

Kurai wrote:Hell yeah lol j/k but yeah ppl are getting way to touchy in SAV idk what has everyone in such a uproar these days I mean really im sure everyone that is bickering would get along fine if they actually gave it a shot, but instead they talk crap before they even know the person then are kinda stuck when the chance arrives or their words greet that other person first.

but in other news im good just been enjoying some time with the family and fixing things lol like today i have spent a couple hundred bucks getting a new rack and power steering pump for my Lincoln.

The Corolla just left its base tuning wed. Successfully finally lol, she is sitting on the dyno-paks getting a break in done and some slight adjustments to the EMU to trick some things up.

Then clean up my garage lol (oh btw anyone need a innovate
    lm-1?, got one laying around the garage lol)
    Then gotta get my Datsun 240Z running she doesnt wanna start but is right there right at the brink lol. Crying or Very sad

What you guys working on?

Locating an engine and an engine shop to install it. Im waiting on RPM Autoworx to call me and give me a price. Im gonna contact Carter Racing to see if they can give me a price. I see my lawyer tomorrow to discuss what I need to do to sue Citgo Gas station for negligence and damage to my car.

Last edited by Camry2nr on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:00 am

Hope it works out bro we need to get you AND Mike A. back operational he has been down for 2 years Shocked
    Camry2nr
    Camry2nr

Post  Camry2nr Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:31 am

Kurai wrote:Hope it works out bro we need to get you AND Mike A. back operational he has been down for 2 years Shocked

That's what I told him. If I win this settlement and get enough cash I could get us both engines.
    xI Jus10 Ix

Post  xI Jus10 Ix Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:56 am

i wasnt trying to stir shit up Nem i was jk.

but im workin on startin this damn job lol
    i put strobes in my cars head lights the other night (original eh? lol sorry mike

but igot an idea today cause i parked on a hill and it pushed my back wheels up to make it looked like it was lowered and i have to say even with the stock rims and tireson it, it looks pretty good.

the only thing is i dono were or who to get lowering springs from.
    friends talkin bout gettin a mataybo to cut them but i told em hellll naw you aint cuttin my springs.

got any ideas??

im lookin at some 18 racin rims too.
    gonna be hot.

once i start this job i can start workin on my engine.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:31 am

Def do not cut them just save cash and do it right...a good spot to find cheap springs is ebay but I say hold out for a decent set like H&R or whoever else but another good source would be Honda specific car forums Cool they usually have a for sale section where ppl are getting rid of quality stuff when upgrading or going back to stock for whatever reason.

Reason you dont wanna cut springs is do to the spring rates..a stock suspension is setup to handle the weight of the car in its stock form, this includes the springs and shocks tweaked to meet those factory specs...for example a spring with a rate of X mated to a shock with a rating of Y can handle the weight of the car Z....now lets say X is calculated by the compression of the spring over its height....if you cut that it still has the same amount of compression but only half the height.....saying all that to say this..your stock suspension is made to handle so much and travel so far (ie soft for comfort) so if you shorten the springs its will STILL travel that far just as stock but have less area to move making it more likely to bottom out on the stops which isnt good for the car and creates a unstable driving element Mad
    angemon
    angemon

Post  angemon Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Camry2nr wrote: Locating an engine and an engine shop to install it. Im waiting on RPM Autoworx to call me and give me a price. Im gonna contact Carter Racing to see if they can give me a price. I see my lawyer tomorrow to discuss what I need to do to sue Citgo Gas station for negligence and damage to my car.

speaking of that, would it be possible to put a supra engine in your car?
    Camry2nr
    Camry2nr

Post  Camry2nr Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:26 pm

angemon wrote:
    Camry2nr wrote: Locating an engine and an engine shop to install it. Im waiting on RPM Autoworx to call me and give me a price. Im gonna contact Carter Racing to see if they can give me a price. I see my lawyer tomorrow to discuss what I need to do to sue Citgo Gas station for negligence and damage to my car.

Yea but it would have to be a hell of a lot of custom work and new turbo setup and all. Would just be easier and cheaper to get my original engine
    xI Jus10 Ix

Post  xI Jus10 Ix Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Camry2nr wrote:
    angemon wrote:

Yea but it would have to be a hell of a lot of custom work and new turbo setup and all. Would just be easier and cheaper to get my original engine

i tryed to tell zack that you could.
    he wouldnt listen.

i knew it lol cheers
    angemon
    angemon

Post  angemon Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Camry2nr wrote:
    angemon wrote:

ok,because it was easier to find a supra engine then it was to find a camry engine. lol
    but how much were you looking to buy one for?
    well really are you looking for the crate engine or the full everything on it engine.
    Camry2nr
    Camry2nr

Post  Camry2nr Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:28 pm

angemon wrote:
    Camry2nr wrote:
    angemon wrote:

ok,because it was easier to find a supra engine then it was to find a camry engine. lol
    but how much were you looking to buy one for?
    well really are you looking for the crate engine or the full everything on it engine.

I need a full everything engine because I can't use anything from my engine.
    Camry2nr
    Camry2nr

Post  Camry2nr Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:30 pm

The only way a Supra engine would work in my car is to have the engine side ways to turn the front tires because I don't have enough room in my engine bay to have it front mounted plus I don't have a rear diff or and a driveshaft.
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:36 pm

I doubt there's room and there isn't a fwd transmission that would hold up.

What engine do you want in your camry? I do JDM wiring harness conversions and the shop I work at does a good bit of engine replacements.
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:38 pm

xI Jus10 Ix wrote:i wasnt trying to stir shit up Nem i was jk.

but im workin on startin this damn job lol
    i put strobes in my cars head lights the other night (original eh? lol sorry mike

but igot an idea today cause i parked on a hill and it pushed my back wheels up to make it looked like it was lowered and i have to say even with the stock rims and tireson it, it looks pretty good.

the only thing is i dono were or who to get lowering springs from.
    friends talkin bout gettin a mataybo to cut them but i told em hellll naw you aint cuttin my springs.

got any ideas??

im lookin at some 18 racin rims too.
    gonna be hot.

once i start this job i can start workin on my engine.

I have access to strut machines for swapping the springs. Let me know.
    Camry2nr
    Camry2nr

Post  Camry2nr Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Starlet 3SGTE wrote:I doubt there's room and there isn't a fwd transmission that would hold up.

What engine do you want in your camry? I do JDM wiring harness conversions and the shop I work at does a good bit of engine replacements.
    The engine would fit sideways but not fwd like it originally sits in the supra. You are right about my tranny. It would never hold the power of a 2jz. I would have to go with a rebuilt 6spd manual tranny from a tc to make it work with the front wheels. Like I said a lot of custom work.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

General Conversation Empty Lol

Post  Nemesis Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:46 pm

I cut my springs in the front bro it works fine. Just make sure you have good shocks to go along. I have KYB shocks and struts.

Mickey Carter did a test years ago when someone recommended a spring swap to him on a Z build. After he cut the old springs and got the new ones he did a tension test on them. They pulled the exact same numbers.
    angemon
    angemon

Post  angemon Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:09 am

http://www.rebuiltautoengines.com/scion-tc-used_engines.html

I found a 07 tC complete engine in savannah if that could work for you.

and on a side note, I want this..

http://www.easyexport.us/carfinder/vehicle/BILL_OF_SALE_-_PARTS_ONLY_1997_TOYOTA_SUPRA_18549330
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:20 pm

Supra I6 in a Cami good luck is all i can say and get ready top turn the pockets inside out lol.
    I just have never been a fan of cut springs at all...but never had them personally either...just hear bad things about them and say just do it right from the jump Cool
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:32 pm

I saw an inline 6 sideways in I think a Saab once. That was a wide setup. Now a V6 would be sweet.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am

V6 wouldnt be a hard swap since there already are V6 cami out there BUT he would have to scrap his turbo setup or work on another but think the V6 in the new cami is around 276hp out the box or so...so could see the same or more power with little work but would have to damn near all be custom given that hardly anyone is doing that V6 really where as the I4 is the same as the TCs
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:24 pm

hey ill be out at the pig this saturday before I fly on Sunday so hope to see you guys out there. Cool
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Fly on sunday?
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:56 pm

Back to "the Stan" for a couple more months Neutral

Sponsored content