Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTENTION!!!! Please bear with us while we make some updates to the Forum and Website, Thanks.......

+3
xI Jus10 Ix
Kurai
Nemesis
7 posters

SAT. meet problems...[ Important Topic ]

Nemesis
    Nemesis

SAT. meet problems...[ Important Topic ] Empty SAT. meet problems...[ Important Topic ]

Post  Nemesis Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:03 am

The numbers of people coming to the meets and inherent problems are increasing.

Cop attention is beginning to increase and one drove through the meet tonight.

More people are squealing tires and doing runs right near the meet.

As cops have given the meeting area space...some have taken it as they are ignoring it...

This can only end badly and Im worried about the members and friends of the members. I have heard of such things as them rolling in with 4 squad cars and 2 paddy wagons and such... and sucks to say that lot is hella blockable and at a horrible tactical disadvantage to us if it gets raided. Although we do not condone street racing and the club attends C.A.I.R. events., lets be honest it wont mean shit to the cops who raid the lot. Just like the truth didnt matter to the cops who pulled up on me broken down in the hood.....I cant be white in the hood, just like you cant have a fast car at that lot.

This needs to be given attention because I am concerned for friends of raceline. I would hope members home and not get involved with this thread so we can brainstorm about possible preservation of the fun and freedom of raceline associates.

A couple possible ideas would be a place for just those who can act responsibly for meet, spending only a few moments at the lot and going for a cruise together to avoid suspicion of police...even arranging a sponsored or observed spot by cops to meet at so that they can keep an eye on us and take care of the bad apples as they show themselves...so they dont just swarm and arrest us all. I would obviously have to spend some thought on it because I wouldnt just wanna call the cops to arrange a friendly locale and make it look like I narc people out, I dont do that and shit they do a good job themselves of bringing attention to themselves...but possibly when members get back we will have the crew back and be able to pick a new spot...one for us to help set ground rules on and arrange a hospitable agreement with law enforcement. I dont know its just a thought.

Your thoughts guys? and please dont quote me we dont need 14 copies of my giant paragraphs on the thread.

anyway lets get some thoughts guys and see.

( Also there was some pot smoking going on at the meet tonight, like 5 feet from me. I seperated myself from it but its just more shit for the cops to frown upon.)

Last edited by Nemesis on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

SAT. meet problems...[ Important Topic ] Empty Almost forgot.

Post  Nemesis Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:14 am

A good possible place to start is perhaps a couple of police who hang out at the waffle house on abercorn near the wilson gate. I have a good reputation with them and when I went tonight because I go after every sat. meet, they asked about mikes camry because they know the club is good people. I can ask them their opinion, or perhaps about more vehicle involved, police sponsored events so that we can build a rep with them as a whole.

I really think its a great idea to have police involved for good, clean fun. To avoid fights...wreckless driving...and I know I am not a member and do NOT mean to overstep my bounds...I just wanna look out for everyone.

In fact I gave one of the officers Mickey Carters business number because he is building a Z...which happens to be Mickeys specialty and personal favorite Smile. That could very much help us I think. I am actually really excited at the thought of police involvement (lol ask me that a couple years ago).

who knows this could be a great possibility.
    Kurai
    Kurai

SAT. meet problems...[ Important Topic ] Empty Re: SAT. meet problems...[ Important Topic ]

Post  Kurai Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:28 am

Hmmm well this has been a issue for awhile and perhaps it should be use who address it and try to bridge the gap between the tuners and the cops...I think sneaking off to another location is just delaying the problem when quite simply we need to address it head on on both ends...

On the official end we need to try and establish a good relationship with the cops but not just for us but for all the tuners in Savannah tho we dont speak for them all. I think Nem is dead on about taking the dilemma to them not to narc anyone out mind you but to try and reach a understanding about just wanting a location to meet. Hell they can park and enjoy some rides if they like..but i think increasing the rift between the scene and the cops is only gonna make things worse for us and them..they are better off having us all in one place under a watchful eye then sneaking around in places unknown doing who knows what. Cuz thats what will happen no one is gonna stop tuning their cars or hanging out the venue will just change.

So on the flip of that is where we would come in if we can establish some kinda dialog with the police then we would need to approach the other groups in Savannah and arrange for then to enforce guidelines with their ppl, alot of the real ppl in the scene dont like all the hot dogging and such so I really dont think it would take much more then a united voice to come and say that this is not acceptable here..and as word spread it would tricle down to the rogues and loners as well till all got the message and it becomes unfashionable to be foolish at the lot.

If we can establish a dialog i think we should go for it and see what can be done hell if its just a hey we will give a couple squad cars to "sit" in the lot for the what 2-3 hours ppl are at the pig then thats cool as well though all it takes is one noise complaint and BAM law enforcement time.

Thats what i think anyways.... Cool
    xI Jus10 Ix

SAT. meet problems...[ Important Topic ] Empty Re: SAT. meet problems...[ Important Topic ]

Post  xI Jus10 Ix Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:51 am

have yall ever thought about maybe movin it to somewere else??
    i cant really think of anywere but then again it could just end up like it is now.
    people bein stupid and shit. that and allll the fuckin drama. just people talkin shit about other peoples cars. just stupid shit. wish there could be a place were we could just meet and chill.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:27 am

Im hoping that we can get everyone or close to it to come to some kinda understanding on how to act at the pig or wherever....so that way we dont gotta abandon such a well know spot.

But yeah even a meet and cruise now and then sounds good hmmm hell we should make a Bluffton (sc) SC run one day idk where or if those guys even meet up there but sure it wouldnt be hard to find out. Or even a Hinesville cruise...you know go see some other areas or what not every now and then. Meet up say whats up then just cruise to Hinesville or SC or any place else. Cool

but in the end it is gonna be up to us (The car community) to police our own when the laws not looking and them (the law) to work with us if they are up for it to come up with a sanctioned place to meet and just enjoy the scene. Hell I wish they would open a damn local track that would be perfect hang out and chill and if ppl wanna run then they go line up and run. It seems most other major cities have adopted an idea like this to deter street racing and basically keep your collective car heads in a known place versus several unknown places.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

SAT. meet problems...[ Important Topic ] Empty ...

Post  Nemesis Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:56 pm

Well Im a little pissed also because I think I glazed my clutch trying to impress a friend who then was talking shit about my car behind my back, when he acted like he loved it from in the car. Jus10 is right about the drama being an issue. In fact I think I will not be going to the spot on saturdays anymore until the situation is under control with the mentality and actions of the others there. Its like everyone sits in their little corner and just shoos everyone else away when they are near them. I dont care for the drama of it all and would rather just cruise and enjoy my car for myself without the bullshit. I am proly gonna wait for the members to come back and mingle with them but the scene is too lawless and segmented as it stands.
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:29 pm

On the glazed clutch, thank your friend for getting a weak link to ID itself before putting you on foot in another state.

On the meets you'll never have a no-idiot car meet with more than 20 people on hand.
    xI Jus10 Ix

Post  xI Jus10 Ix Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Starlet 3SGTE wrote:On the glazed clutch, thank your friend for getting a weak link to ID itself before putting you on foot in another state.

On the meets you'll never have a no-idiot car meet with more than 20 people on hand.

yeah thats why i said itll probably just end up like it is now.

and i know what you mean about shooing others away.
    i feel peoples eyes in the back of my head when i go to look at their engine or just their car in general. if they didnt want people to look at it why drive it out there and pop the hood?
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Its sad that ppl in the scene cant get along.....maybe we will one day i know ill be making more of an effort to unite the scene when i get back.

I think some cruises to other areas would be pretty cool tho. Cool

Sux about your "boy" Nemesis but now you know what kinda guy he is at least.

Hell man if it ends up only us we will have a good time regardless Cool
    angemon
    angemon

Post  angemon Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:22 am

Nemesis wrote: Well Im a little pissed also because I think I glazed my clutch trying to impress a friend who then was talking shit about my car behind my back, when he acted like he loved it from in the car.

He loved it. If were talking about the same "friend". People just get cocky because it's truly something that everyones going to be at some point in there life. If you dont care what other people think, you wouldn't have to waste your time on getting mad about it. I just thought pushing your car with pretty much new everything under the hood was a bad idea regardless of who the person is. Nothing in this world is perfect. Were just living in it.. Neutral
    ILLEST
    ILLEST
    Admin

Post  ILLEST Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:07 am

Kinda sucks people dont know whow to act, we had some issues last summer, but it settled down, Cops would roll through but never really gave us trouble. I just cant wait to get back and chill with everyone, and glad to see we have alot of new people getting involved.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:26 pm

Yeah its gonna be great to have us all back on the same streets Cool
    moneybaggz
    moneybaggz

Post  moneybaggz Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:17 am

yea, shit is gonna be great to have everyone togather again and just chill with no drama.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Yeah it is bro.

I still think we can get at least a majority of ppl to be civil there. I think if we approach the major guys in some of the other groups/clubs that go to the pig and come to an understanding then it will just spread around. I mean no one likes to be a dick and Im sure once some of them know they are being dicks then it will be cool and ppl will start policing up there own ya dig lol.
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Years back when most of y'all were just a fantasy of a hot date I used to run around with a certain group of young people with modded cars. One of these cars was a Trans Am with a 455 carrying a pair of 600 double pumpers on a tall tunnel ram. The at-the-time owner of that TA lives about 5 blocks from me now and occasionally we speak of old days. Today he drives a Crown Vic with some ugly custom disco lighting on the roof. When he had the TA our group met at the ball park by eisenhour and sallie mood. We policed our own meets and also cleaned the lot while there. We gave no trouble to police and got no trouble in return.
    One weekend a group of high school cadets showed up with alcohol and a lack of respect. The authorities were alerted and just before showing up our group blocked the exits off from escape. Nobody went to jail but the problem was addressed.

Times ARE different now though. Crime is widespread and the police don't feel they can trust anybody. Trust is the part that has to be worked on with an active relationship for a smooth meet location.

Personally I don't see myself ever trusting police like that again. Some members here have cars modded to run very high top end speeds but near tractionless at the posted speed limit. I know those cars aren't running around Roebling Road so where was/is your intention to use this power? Even if not racing if you open it up on a public road don't think the police will say you weren't going that fast. I grew up with a person that is now a cop in Bryan Co. and his brother was my best friend through most of life. I doubt seriously that he'd cut me a break if he saw me at the top of third gear.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

SAT. meet problems...[ Important Topic ] Empty mmhmm

Post  Nemesis Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:38 pm

The clutch isnt glazed its fine. And angemon I don't know who you are so I dont know how to respond to you...I'm talking about chris and from how it was relayed to me by more than one person who heard him he was hating on my car or mad at me or some shit. he knew that when I got my car back I would be with raceline and its friends, yet he made a comment about me abandoning the third gen guys, which I wouldnt do...he ran rightover when I pulled up and we went for a ride just like I promised him we would...and he said he loved it...then I hear he was talking smack about my exhaust and LS motors and the like....I wont know what to make of it until I speak to him and until then I cant make assumptions...he was the first friend I made out there and my best thirdgen friend...I hope he remembers that.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:29 am

Im sure its probably a miss understanding, plus man you know its not like he is unwelcome to hang with us either or them, just becuz someone hangs out with us doenst mean they are trying to be in the club or anything. We are pretty cool with ppl members or non. Cool

Post  Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:08 pm

Hey hey good evening boys, well from what it sounds like and what others may have told you that its just a jealously thing. Yes he may drive that same type of vehicle but that doesn't mean that its up to the same standard as yours. I wouldn't take any offense to it even though yes that's not the principal but just remember no matter where u go or what's done to the car someone some where is going to be jealous nd wish theirs was as good as yours. So I would take it and let it roll off my shoulders until u personally hear him say it I would just let the situation be.
    angemon
    angemon

Post  angemon Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:35 pm

Nemesis wrote:I'm talking about chris and from how it was relayed to me by more than one person who heard him he was hating on my car or mad at me or some shit. he knew that when I got my car back I would be with raceline and its friends, yet he made a comment about me abandoning the third gen guys, which I wouldnt do. then I hear he was talking smack about my exhaust and LS motors....he was the first friend I made out there and my best thirdgen friend...I hope he remembers that.

Hating in someways I guess you can say, but being mad nope. The third gen thing he was kidding about[he does that alot]. The exhaust part is that he thought it would be louder then it was because of the headers and such.. blah blah blah... but he did like it all in all. The LS1 thing is that him his self would rather there be a 454 then the LS1 motor that's in there, but he does like it more or less. No comment to the first friend out there/ best third gen friend...
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

SAT. meet problems...[ Important Topic ] Empty its whatev

Post  Nemesis Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:22 am

Like I said im going to talk to him man to man about it and inquire for myself...im not one for rumors or go betweens. It will all blow over Smile
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Doesnt sound like a big deal to me really, probably just some random s*%& talking lol Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:26 pm