Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTENTION!!!! Please bear with us while we make some updates to the Forum and Website, Thanks.......

+3
ILLEST
Camry2nr
Nemesis
7 posters

New to forums, friends with some members

Nemesis
    Nemesis

New to forums, friends with some members Empty New to forums, friends with some members

Post  Nemesis Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Hey guys my name is chris or Nemesis, and I am interested in the club and have been hanging out with the members back here on the rear. I went to the big show with Camry2nr and Reborn and the rabbit mobile. Had a blast and I have a 92 camaro RS getting extensive work done to it. LS1 motor with mods and T56 transmission to name some of the heavier stuff being done. I also used to work with Sikwidit before deployment. I will post pics soon as im sure you want them.
    Camry2nr
    Camry2nr

New to forums, friends with some members Empty Re: New to forums, friends with some members

Post  Camry2nr Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:04 am

Nemesis wrote:Hey guys my name is chris or Nemesis, and I am interested in the club and have been hanging out with the members back here on the rear. I went to the big show with Camry2nr and Reborn and the rabbit mobile. Had a blast and I have a 92 camaro RS getting extensive work done to it. LS1 motor with mods and T56 transmission to name some of the heavier stuff being done. I also used to work with Sikwidit before deployment. I will post pics soon as im sure you want them.
    Welcome to the site Chris and it was a joy to have you with us at the show. Im glad you had a blast and got to see my taillights as I beat Andy twice on the track.LOL. Andy told me that you told him in the car during the second race when he jumped ahead of me that if I catch him and pass him up that he will never live it down. Well I did exactly that and im gonna run with it.LOL. For the record I know his car wasn't running well but neither was mine. Remember I have a partial tune since I lost my full tune when my battery died, a cracked manifold and a busted oil seal in my turbo and still managed to pull out a 14.92. Ask Eric Rogers how my car performed when I got it back from the shop. He was the first person to ride in it after getting it back from Ballistic Motorsports. I would of ran low 13's all day long.I plan on getting her retuned cause I have to since adding engine mods and I will let Andy get his revenge. I still luv ya Andy.LOL. All in all we had a blast and with that being said. Welcome to the site bro and hop in any convo you want. Can't wait to see the finished product of the Camaro. She is gonna be a beast that is show ready.
    ILLEST
    ILLEST
    Admin

New to forums, friends with some members Empty Re: New to forums, friends with some members

Post  ILLEST Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:40 am

Hey, welcome to the site, The rest of the crew should be home in about 4 and a half months. Looking forward to meeting you and chillin with the crew. We need to throw a big ass party when we get back.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:29 am

Hey man welcome to the site...cant wait to meet you. Gonna be great rolling with everyone again Cool
    reborn
    reborn

Post  reborn Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:06 am

party sounds great. chis welcome to the site and get those pics up of the maro as soon as you can. and get sme before after and during.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:21 pm

reborn wrote:party sounds great. chis welcome to the site and get those pics up of the maro as soon as you can. and get sme before after and during.

cough** vhoist **cough tongue
    moneybaggz
    moneybaggz

Post  moneybaggz Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:53 pm

welcome to the site, and yea party sounds great, need to relax a little when we get home
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

New to forums, friends with some members Empty =)

Post  Nemesis Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:52 pm

Yeah worked for me.....looking good too very well maintained from the pics good stuff Cool Hope to see you guys soon in August on RnR
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

New to forums, friends with some members Empty The motor is in.

Post  Nemesis Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:21 am

Yeah baby scroll back up an click my link to see some new pics including the motor and headers in the car and view of the rotors behind the wheels. also radiator installed and wiring all over the place as it is still being spliced and what not.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Looking good man Cool left you some props. on your album too lol Cool
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

New to forums, friends with some members Empty More updates

Post  Nemesis Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:49 pm

Sexy custom magnaflow exhaust 3" from collectors back now complete and working on custom airbox. Fuel flow regulator complete and going tomorrow to hear her run. I'll get a vid of it. You can see it say magnaflow across the muff and on the tips
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:05 am

Any new updates?
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:24 pm

On occasion I see ford 9" rears with Chevy setups to bolt in. I'm going to be throwing around 800hp at one with TAZ and don't expect any problems. I'm not sure what diff I'll be using as the car will see occasional street use and I'd think a detroit locker would be a bit extreme and may cause handling problems on such a short wheel based light car. I rode in a Chevelle years ago with a DL and it worked sweet other than the popping/slight jerk on tight turns.
    Good thing about a 9" is it's a front loader so swapping gears/diffs is quick and easy. With a drum brake setup I can swap the center in less than 20 minutes including refilling fluid.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:42 pm

She gonna be ready soon Star?
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

New to forums, friends with some members Empty Yeah I got an update Kurai.

Post  Nemesis Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:27 am

Well the plan is now to get a wheel that fits right, think they are trying out 17x9, which is a great size if we can work it. I can fit 275 on there and the rim is big enough for disc brakes yet small enough to have tire flex. Once carter figures out the right wheel they are going to order 3 more and other than that its going to be some 31 spline axles, 3.73s and limited slip.

Might wind up putting a 4th gen rear end because they are slightly wider so fitting wheels is easier, plus they come with posi already and discs.

Other than that its just gauges and working some bugs out.

So probably 2 weeks said and done to have her finished and Dyno'ed.

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:26 pm

Nemesis wrote:Hey guys my name is chris or Nemesis, and I am interested in the club and have been hanging out with the members back here on the rear. I went to the big show with Camry2nr and Reborn and the rabbit mobile. Had a blast and I have a 92 camaro RS getting extensive work done to it. LS1 motor with mods and T56 transmission to name some of the heavier stuff being done. I also used to work with Sikwidit before deployment. I will post pics soon as im sure you want them.
    hey just wanted to say welcome to the site and the new people you will be meeting i am sure will say the same. it was fun to have you at the show with us and i am sure the next one will be even better. cant wait to see what she will look like when she is done i have heard the really great things that you are planning to do and things that you have already done. keep up the great motivation and remember always set goals they are a great guide line.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

New to forums, friends with some members Empty Moar info

Post  Nemesis Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Yeh just went and saw my wheels with caps and tires. Looks Ill camry2nr will tell u he went with me.

17X9 in back 17X8 up front. Running 255s in the back looks really nice. BFG ZR rated tires look smexy.

both front rims are bent due to dipshits handling the boxes but they are replacing those, and I got 2 of my badges in and my ventshade headlight covers the other day.

So no dyno and driving the car this weekend like I hoped due to front wheel probs, sal right. The plan was to have her dyno'd with the stock rear and gauges but now I will proly just wait til the rear end is upgraded even tho they are going to dyno her with the old parts then swap.

I imagine I will wait til the custom gauges and plate are completed as well but dunno. In fact I probably will because we are going to the speedway on the 31st and I have to know what speed i'm hitting.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Nemesis wrote:Yeh just went and saw my wheels with caps and tires. Looks Ill camry2nr will tell u he went with me.

17X9 in back 17X8 up front. Running 255s in the back looks really nice. BFG ZR rated tires look smexy.

both front rims are bent due to dipshits handling the boxes but they are replacing those, and I got 2 of my badges in and my ventshade headlight covers the other day.

So no dyno and driving the car this weekend like I hoped due to front wheel probs, sal right. The plan was to have her dyno'd with the stock rear and gauges but now I will proly just wait til the rear end is upgraded even tho they are going to dyno her with the old parts then swap.

I imagine I will wait til the custom gauges and plate are completed as well but dunno. In fact I probably will because we are going to the speedway on the 31st and I have to know what speed i'm hitting.

wow that is great to hear that you finally got to go back and see your baby again> what time did you get to do that? okay well at least they are replacing it and i still think that they need to fix your body from when they had put her on the dyno. umm yeah you lost me with the whole badges thing, im confused. scratch wow looks like the progess on the car is coming along surely but slowly. would love to give you advice or ideas but honestly i dont really know much about your car so i cant, sorry. i would have them do both like you said that way you can kind of get an idea of what it use to be and what it is now. besides if you ever want to upgrade you can always go off those dyno's. yeah you might want to know i mean its probably no big deal and all. lol. jk. least if you get pulled over and they ask how fast you where going you can honestly tell them that you dont know. LMAO!!! Razz sounds like you have a had a good day and that things are like i said slowly but surely coming along. woo thats always good news.
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:25 pm

If it's not too late you may consider a 4.3:1 to go with that 6 speed.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

New to forums, friends with some members Empty eh

Post  Nemesis Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Starlet 3SGTE wrote:If it's not too late you may consider a 4.3:1 to go with that 6 speed.

Gear ratios are fine. And IDC what diff they put in as long as its changed from open. I have to stop while I have money still.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:24 am

Nemesis wrote:
    Starlet 3SGTE wrote:If it's not too late you may consider a 4.3:1 to go with that 6 speed.

Gear ratios are fine. And IDC what diff they put in as long as its changed from open. I have to stop while I have money still.

lol yeah i def know how that goes.... Embarassed
    Starlet 3SGTE
    Starlet 3SGTE

Post  Starlet 3SGTE Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:12 am

Learn how to do things on less money. Shop ebay but know what is junk and what is good stuff. I can find a good LSD for a chevy and a gear for less than 300 where a used lsd for my Paseo is over 600 just for the diff. A new one for the Paseo is over $1400 so I did ok. I almost had a whole transmission with the same lsd for under $500 though. Shop around wisely. Talk to Gene Hughes also. He may have a gear he has removed from another car he could sell you cheap, maybe with a good lsd.

You drive a chevy, act like it.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

New to forums, friends with some members Empty k.

Post  Nemesis Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Starlet 3SGTE wrote:Learn how to do things on less money. Shop ebay but know what is junk and what is good stuff. I can find a good LSD for a chevy and a gear for less than 300 where a used lsd for my Paseo is over 600 just for the diff. A new one for the Paseo is over $1400 so I did ok. I almost had a whole transmission with the same lsd for under $500 though. Shop around wisely. Talk to Gene Hughes also. He may have a gear he has removed from another car he could sell you cheap, maybe with a good lsd.

You drive a chevy, act like it.

Ya thats pretty f***ing rude. I'm so sorry im still learning about cars and want new parts. How about I do what I want to and you turn the abrasiveness down.

You don't own my car, act like it.
    Kurai
    Kurai

Post  Kurai Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:19 pm

He was probably just joking with you man, I doubt he was trying to be a dick about it, and was just giving out some advice. Cool

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:06 pm